“We may not be first with the story, but we were the first to get it right”.
- “The officers at the scene of the shooting were placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an internal investigation. This is standard procedure in such cases and does not imply any wrongdoing on the part of the officers involved.”
- “We chose not to take our cameras to the alleged perpetrators home out of respect for the privacy of his family and neighbors.”
By the way, these are things I hate to see on he evening news.
- A reporter standing out in the middle of a hurricane. The wind blows so loud that I can’t hear what you’re saying. I could get that it is windy and raining from a camera shot out of a window or other protected area. It just plain makes you look stupid.
- A reporter getting into someone’s face. Yes, exposing evildoers is a good thing, but by shoving a mike in their face or shouting questions through a closed-door you actually make them seem sympathetic. And again, it makes you look stupid.
- The same irrelevant file photos played over and over again.