The Middle-aged Housewife’s Guide to Political Correctness.
There are a lot of terms used by politicians and the media that may not mean what we think they mean. Political correctness is after all, an exercise in deception. Below is an attempt to cut through the crap and define what these often used words and phrases really mean.
- Amnesty: As it pertains to the illegal immigration debate, amnesty has three different meanings. To those favoring open borders, amnesty means that every illegal alien residing in the United States has a right to stay regardless of his circumstances or behavior. To these people, amnesty is a good thing. To those favoring closed borders, allowing anyone who comes over illegally to stay, regardless of his circumstances or behavior is considered to be amnesty. To these people, amnesty is a bad thing. To the politician, amnesty is a term to be avoided and the term “limited path to citizenship” is preferred. This means that certain illegal aliens who meet prescribed criteria will be allowed to stay while they seek citizenship. How difficult these criteria are to meet depends on how far to the right or left the politician is.
- Women’s Health Issues (aka “Reproductive Rights”): These are blanket terms covering many existing and proposed regulations, serving the purpose of giving women complete sexual freedom, unburdened by consequence, at no out of pocket cost to her.
- Raising Awareness: A Liberal Progressive device that allows a person to obtain the self-satisfaction of addressing a problem or issue without expending any substantial sacrifice of time, money, or resources. The act of “Raising Awareness” is not actually meant to solve the problem, but to deflect the solving of the problem to others who are now “aware” of it.
- Creating a Dialog: Another misleading Liberal Progressive device designed to instill guilt and contrition while masquerading as an open discussion.
- Racism: This term explains that any and all misfortunes incurred by non-whites are the result of the attitudes and ignorance of whites. This term has gained popularity because addressing the attitudes and behaviors of non-whites is difficult and not politically expedient.
- White Privilege: This is the idea that white people, by virtue of the color of their skin, and not because of attitude, work ethics, morals, or economic factors, are magically granted all types of social and economic advantages.
- Unequal Wealth Distribution: Another “divide and conquer” Liberal Progressive device. Those who favor the redistribution of wealth, are motivated by several misconceptions. All wealth is a finite resource unfairly accumulated and horded by a select few at the expense of the majority. Most wealthy persons have obtained their wealth by unfairly exploiting the poor. Once you reach a certain wealth threshold, you no longer have the right to the fruits of your labor. Hard work, ingenuity, and wise choices do not matter, the poor are not able to obtain wealth on their own because the wealthy game the system to keep the poor and middle class down.